People are separate from their behaviour. We all behave differently according to how we are feeling at the time. This Behaviour Management course helps practitioners to separate the person from their behaviour, recognise the need behind the behaviour and learn how to move forward. Practitioners will be given a range of practical tools they can use in their regular setting to support children to achieve better outcomes.
Turn challenging behaviour into an opportunity to learn and empower children to express their feelings appropriately and manage their own behaviour.
- To understand the needs behind behaviour
- To recognise strong feelings and acknowledge them helpfully
- To understand the impact of labelling
- To understand the benefits of positive phrasing
- To practice different techniques for managing behaviour
- To be able to identify and respond creatively to the need behind the behaviour
- To understand and use effective communication
- To develop a set of practical tools for managing behaviour