The Nipperbout CPD accredited training for Lost Child Provision is robust, informative and enlightening, enabling staff to feel confident and secure when dealing with the diverse situations that they face in their daily work.
The course will equip participants with the skills, knowledge and confidence to deal with a lost child situation and to understand the processes that should be followed in the event of a child being lost or found.
It runs from 9:30am until 4.30pm (approximately) and is divided into 4 sessions. Each session is run with a mixture of visual and interactive teaching methods to accommodate all learning styles and to ensure everyone leaves the course feeling knowledgeable and confident.
The course covers:
- Legislation and regulation
- Best practice guidelines
- Paperwork required
- Setting up a lost child point
- Radio protocol – including when to call the police and top tips.
- To understand the terminology used when dealing with lost children to ensure clarity of communication
- To understand the relevant legislation and regulations so the correct procedures can be followed
- To understand and adapt a best practice approach towards managing the lost child process
- To understand how to complete the correct paperwork, follow the lost child protocol and liaise with the stakeholders
- To understand how to manage behaviour of both adults and children in a lost child situation
- To learn relevant laws and regulations
- To learn and be able to follow best practice guidance for setting up and running a lost child point
- To feel confident managing the behaviour of both parents and children