This safeguarding course is specifically tailored for those who work within the event industry. With the withdrawal of a police presence from most small-medium events, it has become more important to ensure that your events teams are fully equipped to deal with safeguarding concerns.
This course will provide participants with a clear understanding of the legislation & regulation surrounding safeguarding children and equip them with the skills they need to effectively manage allegations and to identify and report concerns.
- To understand duty of care and relevant legislation and regulation in regard to Safeguarding Children, including an awareness of PREVENT
- To identify types and signs of abuse
- To understand the importance of safer recruitment
- To understand how to effectively handle safeguarding concerns, dealing with disclosures and preventing managing allegation.
- To know the relevant laws and regulations
- To be able to recognise signs of abuse
- To be able to implement safeguarding precautions when recruiting staff
- To be able to develop a clear set of safeguarding procedures for an event